Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build our services and products you use, so that you can fully trust them. We appreciate your putting your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly. As such we design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind.
1. WHO WE ARE
23 Burford Way
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work for you.
- When you create your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details about your business, your property, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. We monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service in the future.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your guests), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you've used, how you've used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them e.g., date and time that you logged in, features you've been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, and advertising that you click on.
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including: hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services for you. Additionally, we use your information to help keep you (and other users) safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you.
- To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
- To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users' behaviour to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users' behaviour)
- Develop new features and services. For example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users.
- To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehaviour on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
- To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users' behaviour on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
5. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you make bookings, the main sharing of users' information is with potential guests.
Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is what you're comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required to by law
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary, such as but not limited to: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other illegal wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that's associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help.
Deletion. You can delete your account by informing us as to such by email.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by submitting such a request via email.
Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us via email.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests. This is necessary so as to prevent any identity theft or misrepresentation that could be detrimental to you.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
8. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes.
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account or after three years of continuous inactivity, unless:
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot guarantee that all data will be deleted within a specific time-frame due to technical constraints
9. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that an user is under the age of 18, please notify us via email.
Because we're always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build your business, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
23 Burford Way
Change log: 16th May 2018